Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Turned in the manuscript

Late last night, I emailed the most up-do-date version of my manuscript to my editor, along with the dreaded, uh, I mean requested author's photo. From the production schedule, it looks like there are three books ahead of me to be edited, but I'm sure he'll get to mine fairly quickly.

Now comes the exciting part (as if the stuff up to now hasn't been exciting!): going through the editing phase! I guess it can be scary too, really; the book is my baby. I've worked hard to get it to where it is now, and I know the editor is going to want changes. But what kind of changes? Will he want me to remove whole subplots? We don't have time for me to rewrite the whole thing :) but I'm not going to try to fool myself into thinking it's perfect as is. I already know it's not.

1 comment:

RAY DILLON said...

Wow. Congratulations, Kaewyn (a very similar name to a character in my new novel)!!!! That is just so awesome. I'll be keeping an eye on this. Best of luck with it all!!