Tuesday, December 28, 2010

3-star review of The Kinshield Legacy

Writers don't usually like seeing fewer than 4 stars for their precious darlings, but in the case of The Kinshield Legacy, I was glad when Google Alerts notified me of this review: http://bluefairysbookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/12/kinshield-legacy.html

Often, too many 4- and 5-star reviews will make readers suspicious, thinking these reviews were all written by the author's friends or relatives. When a 1- or 2- or 3-star review turns up, it gives more legitimacy to the overall rating. In this case, however, the reviewer hasn't (yet?) posted the review to Amazon or BN.com, so it's not affecting the overall score (4.7 4.8* on Amazon, 5.0 on BN), so I figured I'd try to spread word about it myself.

Although it's "only" a 3-star review, it's a good one. The reviewer liked the book, writing, "This is a solid light epic fantasy, if that's not too much of a contradiction in terms.  It's nothing ground-shaking or mind-blowing, but I enjoyed reading it, and I had trouble putting it down by the end." She finished by calling it an entertaining good book. What author wouldn't be happy with that? I am!

*shortly after posting this, another 5-star review was posted on Amazon!

No comments: