Monday, October 03, 2005

Day 0

Sunday, I went with Bill to pick up one of my fellow students, and we stopped at the grocery store on the way back to the hotel room. I picked up eggs, sausage, cheese and butter for breakfast burritos (I brought large tortillas with me), milk, sweetener for tea, and the shower cap I’d forgotten to bring with me. Back at the hotel, I was eating my sloppily made burrito when my roommate Kate arrived. She’s a very nice lady, who had just graduated from college, making me wish I’d done something like this workshop back then. What a head start she’s getting on her writing! A bit later, our other roomie, Pat, arrived. Pat’s a clinical psychologist from Alabama, who happened to know of my dad’s work in the field of Social Work. Woot! Anyway, the three of us get along just great, and at 4:30 we bravely descended to the meeting rooms where our first workshop event would be held. Unfortunately, the event didn’t start until 6pm, so we had to come back later.

We formally met all the instructors and ate supper of burgers and salad and the best potato salad I’d ever had. YUM!! Then we played two rounds of a game called Mafia. The first round, I was the commendant. If you don’t know how to play, it goes like this… OK, never mind. I'll find a link to it online. That’s easier. :o)

No comments: